Sunday, June 26, 2011

Finally Finished

I just realized that I had failed to report we had finally finished our remodeling project.  I will try to do some before and after pictures in my next post.

Brooks thinks Brian is fun to have around, especially when he brings the lift truck to work.  Brooks talked him into taking him up to the top of the house.  Brooks also talked Brian into making his lunch one day when I was upstairs in the bed sick with the stomach virus.



One of my favorite friends came for a visit one day to help me begin decorating the house.   Here is one of the bookcases in the family room that has the Roxie Seale touch!  More decorating pictures to follow.
 


Now, look at the photo below for something that hasn't happened at the Tucker household since September 2010.  Look closely to see what you can find below:
 
 


Answer:  Food in the refrigerator.  We actually have food and can eat at home!!


Not exactly sure why Matthew picked this spot on the roof of the house to text, but nothing seems to surprise me anymore with raising boys.
 


Since the remodeling has now been completed, I've turned to another hobby of refinishing and repurposing.  Chad found this very old door from a former mill house and we started to work on making a headboard for the guest bedroom.  The house caught on fire, but the door had only minor damage.  First, we used a heat gun to strip off the old paint, then I spent all day sanding it down to the original paint color.   One coat of sealer applied, then Chad mounted it on the wall as a headboard.
 
 
 
Brian and I boldly decided to apply a faux finish to the double front doors.  Now we both have experience with this DIY technique as we have both done this once. 
 

House completed now so off to work on patio, covered patio and landscaping.  More photos to come.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment