Sunday, January 2, 2011

My grandmother always said whatever you do on January 1st, you will be doing all year long.  Thus, I’m destined to be laying floor all of 2011.  But on Day 5 for Tucker and Sons Floor Company, we have completed another room….Matthew’s bedroom.  His bedroom was the former carport that Mrs. Singletary closed in to make her master bedroom.  We pulled up the carpet to find cement below the padding.  Cement makes a great base for floating floors, so we placed a new pad and begin snapping together the flooring. 


 Our tag team approach completed 400 sq feet in 7.5 hours!

Chad and I completed the dining room flooring on Friday and added shoe moulding to finish off the family room, foyer and dining room.  The Picasso of Pelham, a/k/a Brian Humphries, will follow behind with his steady hand to paint baseboards and moulding. 
 Power tool fun!

Matthew acquired a new skill this week while on his Christmas break from school.  He assembled the new dining room furniture.  We selected a pub-style table that seats 8 for this small dining room.  Of course, the directions for assembly were in the last box he opened.  He assured me that he didn’t need them.  Tony should be proud.




We are continuing to live in the cozy, pond house of Charles and Barbara Kelly until our move-in day.  This little house has been our biggest blessing since arriving in Camilla.  Not only are we being loved on by the Kelly’s, we have had so much family time with the boys.  I especially love clean-up time, which only takes a matter of minutes when you have two rooms to clean.  Here is a photo of the pond house and the Kelly's house and pond:

 "Pond house"
 Mr & Mrs Kelly's house and pond


1 comment:

  1. All my family says the same thing about New Year's day...so, if I find myself needing some flooring placed, I'll give you a call! :) Glad to see everything coming along. Proud of Matthew putting together all that furniture. My daddy has sworn off putting together furniture for me...you should ask him about it some time. Can't wait for you guys to move in and see the completed work of art!

    ReplyDelete