Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Mam, this is the only way you can have lights outside."

I can just hear someone telling the first owners of this home that this is the only way you can have lights on the outside of the house.  Otherwise, why in the world would you ever have the wire mould in white along the front of the house.  Just a small cosmetic change to improve the curb appeal by running this wire through the coat closet behind this exterior light.


Another electrical change I thought may be slightly better in the family room was to remove this ceiling fan.  The wiring ran along the side of the former slanted fireplace.




My contribution to the electrial work has been only pulling receptables out for the electrician to change to white receptables.  The electrician corrected every switch in the house that went to a receptable rather than the overhead light.  However, I did find one electrical job that I could do and relocated the thermostat to another wall.   Glad they snapped this picture rather than the one where I received a little shot of 110. 

No comments:

Post a Comment